Vision and Beliefs
To inspire life long learning.
Staff at Comet Bay Primary School believe it is their moral purpose to provide a safe enviroment where students are given opportunities to develop the skills and knowledge they require to become resilient, well balanced and successful individuals who function positively in society throughout life.
Health Promoting Schools Framework
A HealthPromotingSchool strives to nurture the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual well being, and cognitive development of its students, staff and community. The Health Promotinfs Schools Framework is used within our school planning to describe the inter connectedness of Curriculum, Ethos and Partnerships within our school. The following diagram is a model that features in many of our planning models.
Our Values (The way we work)
We are guided by four core values in everything we do. In stating these values, we acknowledge that words alone are not sufficient; it is actions based on these values that are important.
We have a positive approach to learning and encourage it in others; we advance student learning based on our belief that all students have the capacity to learn.
We have high expectations of our students and ourselves. We set standards of excellence and strive to achieve them. The standards and expectations challenge all of us to give of our best.
We recognise the differing circumstances and needs of our students and are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes for all. We strive to create workplaces and learning environments that are free of discrimination, abuse or exploitation.
We treat all individuals with care. Our relationships are based on trust, mutual respect and the acceptance of responsibility. We recognise the value of working in partnership with parents/carers and the wider community in providing a quality education for our students.
Values (For our students)
As stated in the Curriculum Framework, we would like to instil the following values in our students.
- A pursuit of knowledge and a commitment to achievement of potential
- Self acceptance and respect of self
- Respect and concern for others and their rights
- Social and civic responsibility
- Environmental responsibility
Staff Shared Beliefs
The staff make decisions and develop strategies within the school based on the following shared beliefs:
- There is a need to develop the whole child – socially, academically, emotionally, creatively and physically.
- Resilience is an important life skill that needs to be developed and fostered in all.
- The learning enviroment needs to be safe, challenging and inclusive.
- Students and teachers need to be reflective and give and respond to feedback.
- Partnerships in learning are sought after and valued.
- High expectations are set academically and socially.
- Students learn best through collaborative inquiry based programs.
- Cultural diversity is valued and celebrated.
- Proactive early intervention is more effective that reactive measures.