Welcome to Comet Bay Primary School’s P&C!
Who are we?
The P&C Association is a group that is open to all parents and affiliated citizens of our primary school. We consist of various people from diverse backgrounds who all share one thing in common; we want to give a little of our time to help Comet Bay Primary School be the best that it can be – for our children. We know how important the relationship between the school and the community is in ensuring that our children receive the best possible care. In short, this collaboration is essential in order to enable the children to reach their full potential.
Our members help out in many ways, from Office Bearers and Committee Members who are involved on a daily basis within the school, to parents who work full time or have very young children and still find the time to help out at Kiss ‘n’ Drive, volunteer for a shift at the canteen, or simply lend a hand at the odd Sausage Sizzle or Busy Bee. To all of these people we remain eternally grateful – without your dedication we would not be able to raise the vital funds which we need to provide the school with much needed resources.
NEXT P&C MEETING: Tuesday 9th April 2019
What do we do?
Possibly more than you realise! The P&C runs the School Canteen, the Uniform Shop, Kiss ‘n’ Drive and organises many fundraising activities to raise vital money to supplement Government funding.
By doing this we raise the quality and quantity of resources that are available in order to aid the education of our children – did you know, for example, that the P&C has made valuable contributions in order to provide many learning blocks with air-conditioning and we plan to continue to do this until the entire school is fully air-conditioned. Additionally we also helped to fund the improvements to the playground in the Early Childhood Area?
Funds are raised through a variety of activities: Discos, Quiz Nights, Wine Tastings, Year Book & Calendar sales, Happy Walks and Cool Our School to name but a few!
P & C Roles
- PRESIDENT – The P&C President has the fundamental role of providing leadership to the parent community which includes having an awareness of parental concerns and expectations and being an active participant in the school’s planning and priority setting. The role involves overseeing sub-committees who run the canteen, uniform shop and fundraising. Responsibilities:Responsible for formulating the annual objectives for the P&C and delegating duties in order to achieve this plan. Chairs Executive, Convenor & P&C meetings, represents P&C in regular meetings with the School Principal. May also represent the P&C by attending Regional P&C Association meetings. This role does involve a degree of flexibility in hours and would be ideally suited to a parent who wants to take an active interest in the education of children and help their local community. The position would be ideal for a parent who is not currently working, works flexible or part-time hours, or studies part-time. Currently Brooke Benbow
- VICE – PRESIDENT – The role of the vice president is to support the president and other committee members as well. P&C Responsibilities are generally split by sub-committees, with a vice president overseeing the smooth running of these subcommittees. Responsibilities:Support the president and other committee members. This includes taking an active role in assisting with any events being organised by one of the sub-committees, being prepared to take on independent projects as required from time-to-time. Attend the P&C & Executive & Convenor meetings and assist with issues arising. Be prepared to take minutes in the absence of the secretary. You may be called upon to act temporarily as President should the P&C President be absent. This role would suit someone working full or part-time but you will need to be able to commit a few hours per week. Currently Ben Priest
- P&C SECRETARY –The Secretary is the principal administrative officer of the Association. They contribute significantly to the smooth running of the P&C, and to maintaining transparent communications within the school community (through accurate minutes etc). Typical duties: Takes minutes, distributes and displays minutes. Keeps a continual record of the business of the P&C by maintaining the Minutes book. Writes letters as needed. Collects, reviews and distributes incoming mail. Attends executive and P&C meetings; must be willing to receive queries from school community and direct appropriately. May also produce flyers as required for social/fundraising events. Currently Juliet Davis
- P&C TREASURER –This is a key role of the P&C team. The P&C raises, manages and invests into the school (and employees) a substantial amount of money each year. The Treasurer manages the planning and tracking of the financial results of the P&C, ensuring the P&C is complying with Australian Accounting standards. A reasonable standard of maths and knowledge of Excel is ideal for this role. Someone with Bookkeeping skills would be ideal. Responsibilities/Tasks: Maintains financial records using software provided by the P&C. Prepares monthly reports. Responsible for payment of salary & other employer costs. Oversees payment of P&C accounts and invoices (joint signatory, along with President and Vice); checks bank reconciliations at month-end & throughout the year. Presents reports at executive and P&C meetings. Prepares books and accounts for audit as required; maintains P&C insurances. Provides review of financial results; reviews the annual sub-committee reports for consistency (i.e. Canteen, Uniform Shop and Fundraising). This position is mainly done at home but you will need to be available during school hours at least once per week. Currently Alisa Merriman
- EXECUTIVE MEMBERS X 4 –Responsible for ensuring that all P&C decisions are acted on and to support the rest of the exec. committee as noted above. Required to attend occasional extra meetings on top of the monthly P&C meetings. Currently Deborah Meerton, Rachel Fiorini, Cassie Levitzke and Jo Maclean
- DISCO CO-ORDINATOR – Responsible for organising and running the event – all details are available in a well documented “Run-Sheet”. Includes securing volunteers to fill all time slots and organising DJ. Currently Deborah Meerton
- DONATIONS COORDINATOR – Responsible for helping coordinate requests to business and government departments for donations/prizes for various fundraising activities throughout the year (this position also forms part of the Executive Committee). Also responsible for identifying new members, with the help of Admin Staff and Teachers. Currently Jo Maclean
- BOOK FAIR/BOOK CLUB COORDINATOR – Coordinates the Annual Book Fair, sources volunteers and sets up Library for the Fair. Records incoming money and gives to Treasurer for banking.Currently Jo Maclean / Rachel Fiorini
- FUEL OUR SCHOOL CO-ORDINATOR – Responsible for keeping a record of incoming money in the Fuel our School “Bin” and ensuring money is banked by the end of the year. Currently Hayley Taylor and Emily Teague
- FUEL OUR SCHOOL CO-ORDINATOR – Responsible for keeping a record of incoming money in the Fuel our School “Bin” and ensuring money is banked by the end of the year. Currently Hayley Taylor / Keira Stevenson
- SAFETY HOUSE CO-ORDINATOR – Currently Ben Priest
- GRANTS CO-ORDINATOR – Currently Juliet Davis
Please find below some links detailing some of the roles within the P & C
Can you help?
Yes! Think you don’t have the time? You would be surprised. We are always looking for new members and volunteers to help out. You tell us what you would like to do and how often and we arrange it – simple as that! Did you know for example, that volunteering for one Kiss ‘n’ Drive shift takes as little as 25 minutes? It’s really not much to give in order to ensure the safety of our children at the beginning or end of the day; or that if every parent volunteered for ONE shift in the canteen that we would have enough volunteers for a whole YEAR? Every little effort can really make a big difference. Volunteering is also an amazing way to get networking and make new friends if you are new to the school community or Secret Harbour, as well as to simply become more involved in the day to day running of our fantastic school.
How do I get involved?
We meet on the second Tuesday of every month at 7p.m. in the Staff Room. Why not come along? You’ll get to find out what’s going on in the school, decide if you would like to do anything to help, as well as have a coffee and even get to make friends with likeminded people. Everyone is welcome and it would be great to see as many of you as possible. We have been thrilled with the turn out recently so please come along, grab a coffee and find out the latest news at the school .
If you can’t make the meeting simply get in touch with any of the committee members below and they’ll let you know what’s involved in your area of interest ie. Canteen, Uniform Shop or speak to your Class Representative who will also be able to assist. All of us are volunteers and we’ll be really pleased to hear from you!
|Brooke Benbow||President||0417 174 email@example.com|
|Ben Priest||Vice President||0418 913 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Juliet Davis||Secretary||0412 440 email@example.com|
|Aoisa Merriman||Treasurer||0407 441 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rachel Fiorini||Executive Member|
|Deborah Meerton||Executive Member|
|Jo Maclean||Executive Member|
|Cassi Levitzke||Executive Member|
|Sarah Groves||Uniform Shop Co-ordinator|
|Amanda Ball||Canteen Co-ordinator|
|Rachel Fiorini||Bookclub Co-ordinator|
|Jo MacLean||Bookfair Co-ordinator|
|Hayley Taylor / Emily Teague||Fuel Our School Co-ordinator|
|Deborah Meerton||School Disco|
|Ben Priest||Safety House Co-ordinator|
|Juliet Davis||Grants Co-ordinator|
|P&C Board Representative|
We have loads of ideas for future events including senior and junior discos, father’s day event and maybe even a High Tea for the ladies. If you have a great idea we would love to hear it, come along to our next P&C meeting.
2nd – 5th April 2019 – P&C Kindy Bookfair
28th May 2019 – P&C Main School Bookfair
Fuel Our School News
Please send your loose change to school to be collected every Tuesday morning.
Where to go for more information about your P&C.
For more information about P&C Committees go to www.wacsso.wa.edu.au – The Western Australian Council of State School Organisations Incorporated (WACSSO) web site.
Agenda / Minutes